Day 63 of 365 - May 22, 2013                                                                                 Free 4 Day!

Post anything you want, just make sure it's related to Divergent
I'm sharing the different Divergent covers

Thursday, May 23, 2013

BOOKLOVE

I've been wanting to post something every week, like a regular thing, sometimes book reviews take longer and I feel like I leave my blog alone. On May 1st, during Tea Time, the girls from Epic Reads asked us to tweet our booklove and they mentioned different things. I thought of many categories for this and I decided to share my favorites.

This week I chose a different category. It's also a series but I've only read the first book so far. It's a great book and I hope I read the others soon.

Writing

The Knife of Never Letting Go!
I read different YA books in December and some had a very unique writing. It was the first time I had seen something like that and I thought it made the book special. This is my favorite writing; the 'noise', you get to experience it with the characters. I can only imagine how crazy that must be, hearing that and more all at the same time, all the time!
I also bought Identical by Ellen Hopkins a couple of months ago, and it seems like the whole story is written in short poems. I still haven't read it, but I thought it was very cool. I think the other books might be like that as well.


I'll be sharing different parts from different series and books, not the book. (unless it's a 'book' category) Not all of the stories are my favorites, but they are pretty awesome and most of them have something to love.

4 comments:

  1. I remember enjoying Knife and I need to read more hopkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just looked up Knife and checked out the free preview. How cool! I love reading the animal's thoughts. I just added it to my Goodreads shelf. A story told in the form of a collection of short poems would require a certain mindset, but the inspiration after a read like that would be amazing. I really like this new feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Knife sounds really neat. Thank you so much for sharing it! I'm not sure how I'd do reading a collection of poems, but poetry is beautiful if you are in the mood for it. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally really dislike novels in verse (poems) because I feel like I have to analyze each line to really understand what is going on. It being a poem, I think things aren't described as well. I haven't read The Knife of Never Letting Go but I hear so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. :D
I try to reply as soon as I can and on your blog. If I can't find your blog I'll reply here.