Day 63 of 365 - May 22, 2013                                                                                 Free 4 Day!

Post anything you want, just make sure it's related to Divergent
I'm sharing the different Divergent covers

Monday, December 24, 2012

End of the World Marathon


      


        December 21 passed and the world didn't end, but the marathon did.
        I didn't read as many books as I wanted but I managed to read 7 books in 21
        days. I should have thought about it better and probably should have started
        with the smaller books.

       Even if I didn't get to read more than 7, I read some books that I don't think I
       would have read by choice and were pretty good that now I'm waiting for the
       next book to come out.
       It seems like I read mostly series but that's just recently. The first series I
       read was Roswell and I finished it in 2005. Until last year (2011) it was the
      only one. In January 2011 I read Breaking Dawn but not the other books, I
      read I am Number Four in April 2011 but I didn't know it was a series. I
      started The Hunger Games in April 2012 and since then is what I find most.

       These are the books I read this month and my rating:
        It feels like I read them so long ago, I went to 6 different worlds and feels
        like each was in a different life time...
        There were a lot of books and I'll just put them all in one post so I'm only
         sharing thoughts and opinions that I thought were important.
        There were a lot of different ways to end the world we know and different
        futures. Plagues, global warming, alternate universes collapsing, new worlds
        new planets, same earth new era...
        With most books, at the beginning I kept wondering if it was really about
         a life after a catastrophe or a change in our world. I guess it's because
         they're part of a series and they're introducing us to the characters and
         everything that is happening.

    Mostly I read at night, the dates are not how they seem, Dec 1 could be at 12 am
      and finished reading Dec 3 at 1 am, so next book I could have started it Dec 3
         at 11 pm, 22 hours later, it's still the same day, almost Dec 4.

            2066  
                        Dec 1 - 3
         I found that this author, Peter doesn't have many reviews on goodreads
             and the books are not that new.
        This was the first time I read a book with a character like Simon and
             from his point of view.
             While I was reading the first chapters I kept thinking that there were a
              lot of things that weren't possible, and that it was so SciFi but by
             chapter 3 I started thinking, it's not based on reality but I do read
             mostly fiction for a reason. So I decided to give it a try, besides I've
             read books that aren't exactly realistic and I've liked them.
             But by the last couple of chapters I felt like everything just had to
             happen so the book could end already.
             So I guess I kept thinking who can you really trust? It just ends and
             you really don't know what will happen.

            Unraveling (Unraveling, #1)  
                         Dec 3 - 4
             By chapter eight I kept thinking the plot was very familiar.
             After reading almost half the book I started seeing it as SciFi and
             stopped comparing it to other stories, I do like this kind of plot.
              Favorite part: This was a quote I really liked and thought it was
              very funny: "Mr. Michaels, please stop asking Ms. Tenner to
              marry you and pay attention."
              By the end of the book I was thinking that I hadn't read a mystery
              in a long time and had forgotten that I like them too.
     
           Legend (Legend, #1)       
                       Dec 5 - 7
          I got hooked from the start but it still took me a little longer to finish.
          I like this one because it gives you two POV which help you understand
         more and it gives more details. I like to understand everyone's perspective
             and not be really in the dark.
              Favorite part: I like the way the main character talks.

            Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)  
                        Dec 7 - 11
              Chapter 1 - My thoughts: "I'm confused"
              Chapter 3 - I'm curious, I want to know what's happening
              This was the first time I had read a book like this one.
               I kept feeling like I was reading some kind of poem.
               This was really odd, I like the book but it was different, by
                the end of the book I felt like it could be a comic book.
               This I gave 5 bookmarks because I did like everything so
               far. (waiting for book 2) If it's like this one, the rating wont
               change. The writing was a little different but it worked for me.
               At first (as soon as I finished the book) I wasn't sure if I
               should give it a 5 or 4 rating. The last chapter and its surprise,
               I didn't see it coming until the last minute, is what made me
               hesitate. In the end I thought, I guess I can let it go for now.
               Favorite part: I like the way the book is written.
            Glow (Sky Chasers, #1)       &      Spark (Sky Chasers, #2) 
               Dec 13 - 18                18 - 19
         
          The first book, I wasn't sure what to think... There was something, I don't
           know what exactly but I couldn't connect with the characters like I do with
          most books. I like the plot and the way the story unfolds but I just couldn't
             feel completely there.
           The second book, I started thinking, this is familiar somehow, then by the
              end of chapter 3 Lord of the Flies came to mind.
           This second book was a little different because I wasn't expecting anything,
           everything was a surprise for me and there were some things I just
         couldn't leave at "it's fiction, is made up..." with everything that happened at
          Newtown on Dec 14 and thinking about everything else that's happened.
             So I had some trouble finishing this one.
          At first I couldn't really understand it but on the last couple of chapters I
             got into it and I want to know what happens in book 3.

            The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)       
                        Dec 20 -22
          Again, first chapters and my thoughts: "I'm confused". I think I read a lot
        of books like that this month, confusing. I don't like not knowing what is going
          on or getting an explanation for what is not right.
           This book was really SciFi and by the end of chapter 1 I was wondering
           "What makes you keep reading a book that you don't understand at first
            with new words and not really explaining anything to you?" Do you stay
            waiting for the explanation? Is that what gets us into the book?
         Again, not many books I've read are written like this one, most are normal,
          but after reading some this month, it's not so surprising anymore. I kind of
         like how you see the characters' different personalities by the way they talk
            and think. It's like you're really hearing them and getting to know them.
              Favorite part: The way the book is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. :D
I try to reply as soon as I can and on your blog. If I can't find your blog I'll reply here.